Ellen Kaufman Wolf
Real estate, business, commercial and creditor’s rights matters, including contracts, business torts, shareholder and partnership disputes, real and intellectual property rights, writs and receivers, foreclosures, fraudulent conveyance, and enforcement of judgments, in state, federal and bankruptcy courts. Experienced with institutional clients, portfolio asset recovery and workouts, litigation, transactions, alternative dispute resolution including mediation and arbitration, and general advice to real estate interests and other businesses.
Admitted To Practice
All California State Courts; United States District Court, Central, Eastern, Northern and Southern Districts; and Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Rated AV® Preeminent™ by LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell. The designation signifies that Ms. Wolf has been rated by Judges and fellow attorneys as having the highest possible legal abilities and ethical standards. The rating is awarded to less than five percent of all attorneys across the United States, and is the highest rating given by the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory.
- Named by Southern California Super Lawyers as one of the top attorneys in the state for 2009, 2010 and 2011. Each year, no more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state receive this honor.
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association
Sections: Real Estate, Law Practice Management
- Member, Provisional Remedies Executive Committee
- Financial Attorneys Conference
- Los Angeles Bankruptcy Forum
- California Bankruptcy Forum
- American Business Trial Attorneys Association
- Board Member, Malibu Community Center (1993-1998), Vice President (1996-1998);
- Board Member, Malibu Jewish Center (1996 – present), President Elect (2006-2007), President (2008- present).
- Stanford University School of Law, J.D, 1983.
- University of California at Los Angeles, B.A.(Fine Arts), 1979, Magna Cum Laude.
- “The Post-Judgement Debtor Examination: Details, Details, Details (Plus Secret Liens),” The Practical Lawyer, June 2008.